Exploring the World of Wine & Tasting

October 25, 2007

Fine Italian Wine


The other night I stopped at a little Italian Deli in Agoura Hills, California. I was looking for something quick to bring home for dinner. While the counter boy was preparing my two servings of lasagna in the back, I ventured over to the wine section. Here I stood, again staring at a wall of wine, a few I know, most I don't. Which brought me back to the reason we started this blog in the first place. Determined to try something new, I asked the woman next to me, who was also looking for a bottle of wine, if she had any suggestions. She pointed me in the direction of an Italian white wine. The name: 2006 Gavi di Gavi. She said it is one of her absolute favorites, and whenever she serves it to guests, they all enjoy it. So I thought, what the heck. Let's try it. Here I am, purchasing my two lasagnas and a bottle of wine, and the manager comes out of the back and asks me if I'd had this wine before. I comment no, and he tells me that its really 'excellent'. I am stoked. Off I go, amped for a 'bound to be' fantastic dinner.

Dinner and the wine were both great. I wouldn't go as far to say that this is one of my all time favorites, yet I would definitely buy it again. In fact, I plan on it, as I would like to give it another go. It was really refreshing, light, yet not too light, and would be great with any type of meal, or on a warm evening, just to sip.

1 comment:

La Gaucha Guapa said...

Ok...Now I know you just had a wine adventure....Spill the details (but don't spill the wine!)